Who we are
Our website address is: https://wegan.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
SAFETY We are committed to protect your personal data online, and we understand and accept the responsibility behind it. WEGAN will take all the necessary safety precautions to be able to protect the information you have provided us or we otherwise have collected. When processing your personal data, we comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and other applicable laws regulating the processing of personal data.
- THE CONTROLLER
- Personal data refers to personal data as defined in the GDPR.
- GROUNDS FOR DATA COLLECTING AND PROCESSING
- THE LAWFUL BASIS OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
- We may process personal data related to users if one or more of the following applies:
- users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Where the processing is such that user consent is required by the applicable legislation, we will state so and obtain user consent, and this will be the legal basis for the processing of the personal data, as permitted by GDPR article 6(1)(a). However, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. If such withdrawal means that we are no longer able to provide our Services to you, we may cease providing the Services.
- provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any related pre-contractual obligations , as permitted by GDPR article 6(1)(b)
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, as permitted by GDPR article 6(1)(f)
- The legitimate interests may include i.a. business development, marketing and investigation of foul play.
- where we rely on legitimate interests as a reason and legal basis for processing personal data, we have considered whether or not those interests are overridden by the rights and freedoms of the data subjects and has concluded that they are not.
- DATA WE COLLECT AND THE PURPOSE OF USE
- We may collect personal data to improve our website and measure the interest and engagement in our website as well as to improve the quality of our other services
- The data we collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, birthday, contact information, activity data (e.g. purchase, feedback, subscription data, social media activity in our channels), social media username, gender, timestamps relating to your data (e.g. when the data was put in the system), interests and choices you make in our website, device identifiers, automatically saved data (IP address, operating system, browser, language).
- We may collect personal data to ensure that the content on our website is presented in the most effective and clear manner for you and for your device.
- We may collect personal data to be able to monitor and to manage our hosting and backend infrastructure as well as to manage our user database.
- LOG DATA Like many other operators, WEGAN may collect information that your browser sends us whenever you visit our website. This log data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (IP -adress), browser type and version, the visited pages on our website, the time and date of your visit along with the time spent on those pages. The log data may include other statistics as well. WEGAN may use third party services to be able to collect, monitor and analyse this data.
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS and other service providers: WEGAN may use third-party service providers to collect information about user behaviour and demographics on our website. However, the data collected by Google Analytics is not tied to any identifiable personal infromation; the information Google Analytics collects is in the form of anonymized and/or aggregated statistics.
The data collected by other third-party service providers may not be anonymized and/or aggregated.
- OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS We may share the personal data we have collected with our Service Providers.
Other third-party service providers may include
- Google Ads (Adwords)
- WP Recipe Maker
- When comment ratings are enabled WP Recipe Maker stores the rating a user has given to a recipe along with the personal data WordPress core stores.
- When user ratings are enabled WP Recipe Maker stores the IP address upon voting. This is used as (one of the) measures to prevent rating spam.
- The cookies used by WP Recipe Maker are stored for 30 days. User submitted data is stored indefinitely in the local database.
- APIs and SDKs We may use third party application programming interfaces (APIs) and software development kits (SDKs) as part of the functionality of our Services. APIs and SDKs may allow third parties (including our advertising partners) to collect personal data to provide content that is more relevant to you.
SDKs are used for developing applications for a specific operating system or device. APIs are software-to-software interfaces that enable two applications to exchange data between each other (e.g. to log into an application using Facebook account information).
- BUSINESS PARTNERS WEGAN may provide the necessary personal data to our business partners to be able to provide a product or service you have requested. We may also provide relevant personal data to our business partners with whom we offer products and/or services together.
A list of the processors and other recipients can be provided upon request.
- We may collect personal data to personalize the user experience, to provide our services, products and information or otherwise communicate with you
- If you have given us a consent to be contacted by email – for example by subscribing to our weekly newsletter – we may send you information we believe would be interesting to you. You may also receive a welcome email telling you about the newsletters and letting you know a little bit more about us. You can always ask us to stop sending you such information at any time by unsubscribing our weekly newsletter and/or by contacting us on email@example.com.
- We may use your personal data to otherwise communicate with you, for example to send you notices relating to our products and services as well as to ask for your feedback on our products and services.
- We may use your personal data to be able to interact with you through our social networks and platforms, e.g. within our chat, support and feedback platforms.
- WEGAN may use the personal data to display content from external, third-party platforms with the intent to provide a whole and complete user experience. For clarity, should you access these third-party platforms, said third-party privacy policies and terms of service shall apply to your use of the services in question. We take no liability for the processing of your data by said third-parties.
- We may use your personal data to allow the registration and authentication taking place on our Services.
- We may collect personal data to manage, analyze and improve the customer relationship and contracts
- The relationship between our customers and us is very important for us. Therefore we may collect personal data to carry out the obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and WEGAN.
- We may collect personal data for marketing purposes
- We may work with other third-party businesses that provide us with personal data they have collected and we may use this information for our own marketing purposes, e.g. when carrying out remarketing.
- WEGAN may share your personal data with carefully considered third parties for independent or cooperative direct marketing purposes. This information may be used for personalized advertising purposes by these third-party partners when you use their services (“interest-based or personalized advertising”). Please note, that you may opt-out of such marketing at any time.
- WEGAN may use personal data for legitimate interests, such as direct marketing, research (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention.
- The main sources we may collect the data from include, but are not limited to
- Our website
- Any provided and filled forms
- Your activity; the information you provide us
- Purchase information.
- Weekly challenges (contests)
- Contest (application) information
- The material you have produced and tagged with specific hashtags linked to our contests on social media, meaning for example Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest, Twitter (see section b. below)
- The information you otherwise give to us during our contests.
- Our Customer Service (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Community platforms
- When you contact us via email.
- We may also collect information from other correspondence between us.
- We may gather information about you from other sources as well, including through third-party service providers. For example, if you access our website through a third-party application, we may collect information about you from that third-party application if you have made it available via your privacy settings. This supplementary information allows us to verify information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you a better experience through our website and other services.
- INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS, STORAGE AND PROCESSING
- WEGAN’s Services may be produced by using resources and/or servers located in various countries in the world. Thus, personal data can be transferred regularly outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). In case personal data is transferred outside EU/EEA, such transfers are either made to a country that is deemed to provide a sufficient level of privacy protection by the European Commission or transfers are carried out by using appropriate safeguards such as standard data protection clauses adopted or otherwise approved by the EU Commission or competent data protection authority in accordance with the GDPR.
More information can be provided upon request.
- HOW LONG WE MAY RETAIN AND PROCESS THE DATA?
- any personal data collected for purposes related to a contract between us and the user will be retained until the end of the calendar year following the 3rd year after such contract has been fully performed;
- any personal data collected for the purposes of our legitimate interests will be retained as long as needed for such purposes
- we may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period if the user has given their consent for such processing, and until such consent is withdrawn
- we may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period if required to do so due to a legal obligation or an order of an authority
- once the retention period expires or when a contract has been fully performed, personal data will be deleted. Consequently, some of your rights may not be enforced after the deletion.
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and thus, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide to us online and it is essential you understand that you provide this information to us at your own risk. To the fullest extent allowed by the applicable law, we do not accept any liability for accidental and/or unintentional disclosure.
- We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any messages between you and us via email. To the fullest extent allowed by the applicable law, we do not accept any liability for loss in connection e.g. with an email message sent by us to you or by you to us.
- Our website may contain links to other websites and/or applications and vice versa. The third-party services are not and cannot be controlled by us. Please, read the privacy policies of each website and/or application that you use. We are not responsible for the privacy practices nor content of other websites or applications. When visiting other websites and applications, please remember it is done at your own risk.
- The protection of children is very important to us. Our website or our other services are not directed to children under the age of minority (or other age as required by the applicable law), and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children. We will take all the necessary steps to delete the collected information if we learn that we have collected personal data from children under the age of minority or otherwise in violation of the applicable law. If you are under 18, please do not provide us any personal data. Minors should not participate in our weekly challenges, at least without parental consent. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal data without your consent, you may contact us at email@example.com.
- If we were to be involved in a reorganization, acquisition, merger, financing due diligence, bankruptcy, or in transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such transaction as allowed by law or contract.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- In accordance with the applicable law, you may have the right to
- request infromation of whether we are processing your personal data or not
- obtain access to your personal data or a copy of this information
- receive an electronic copy of personal data you have provided to us, or ask us to send this information to another company
- restrict the use of your personal data
- seek correction or amendment of untrue, inaccurate, incomplete, or improper personal data
- being subject to some exceptions by law, request erasure of personal data held about you by WEGAN.
- ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
- Individuals may request an access to their personal data held by WEGAN. Our users have the right to learn if and how information is being processed by WEGAN, obtain disclosure regarding some parts of the (automated) processing and a copy of the processed data.
- RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION
- Individuals may request a rectification of personal data submitted to us. Our users have the right to verify the correctness of their information and ask for it to be corrected or updated.
- RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
- Individuals may request for WEGAN to erase their personal data. Our users may, under certain circumstances, have the right to have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed by us.
- RIGHT TO RESTRICTION
- Our users may, under certain circumstances, have the right to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, WEGAN will not process their data for any other purpose than for storing it. Please note that this may affect the user experience on our website.
- RIGHT TO OBJECT
- If the data processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent, our users have the right to object the processing of their data.
- RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
- Individuals may have other rights to restrict and/or object our processing of personal data and the right to data portability. Our users have the right to receive their data in a machine readable format and, if technically possible, have it transferred to another controller without any undue delay.
- RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
- Users have the right to withdraw their consent at any time where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
- When you have voluntarily provided your details or given us your consent to process your personal data, we may use your contact information to send you further information about our work and organisation or to contact you when necessary. However, you will always have the possibility to withdraw this consent and opt-out of receiving future mailings. This can be done by unsubscribing our weekly newsletter and/or by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
- If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to bring a claim before the competent data protection supervisory authority applicable to you if you believe our processing of your personal data violates the applicable law.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will process such requests as soon as possible, and within one month, in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, WEGAN will take the necessary steps to verify your identity before processing the request. If the your request cannot be met, the refusal shall be communicated to you in writing. We may refuse a request (for example erasure of data) due to a legal obligation or a legal right of WEGAN, such as an obligation or a claim relating regarding our Services.
- CONTACT DETAILS IN DATA PEROTECTION MATTERS
WEGAN GROUP Ltd / Privacy matters, Hatanpään Valtatie 24, 33100 Tampere, Finland